If you happen to be in Paris for a great backpacking adventure and thinking of saving a few hundred euros by spending the night in the airport, think again. According to a survey on a website “The Guide to sleeping in airports“, Paris’ Charles de Gaulle International airport is rated as the worst airport to sleep in. That is unless you do not care a thing about rude staffs, filty toilets and perverted hobos caressing his ding dong, while trying his luck on any lonely female passengers for some airport sexcapade. Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport followed closely behind described by one reviewer as “Hell”.
On the other hand, Singapore Changi International Airport claims top position for those planning to catch some shut eye on that 10-hour layover. Clean and spacious with plenty of comfortable seats and couches and free internet access are just some of the attributes cited. Seoul Incheon, currently the best airport in the world 2009 according to Skytrax, is voted as the second best airport to sleep in.
The top 5 worst airports to sleep in:
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Interntional Airport- Paris, France
- Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport – Moscow, Russia
- John F. Kennedy International Airport – New York, USA
- Los Angeles Internation Airport – Los Angeles, USA
- Indira Gandhi International Airport – Delhi, India
The top 5 best airports to sleep in:
- Singapore Changi Airport – Singapore
- Seoul Incheon – Seoul, South Korea
- Amsterdam Schiphol – Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Oslo Airport Gardermoen – Oslo, Norway
- Hong Kong International Airport – Hong Kong
For the complete list, check out http://www.sleepinginairports.net/